Our family was motivated to start this devotional website while we were going through a tough time (stormy time). Have you ever noticed that we tend to read the bible more when we are sort of in trouble? This is the time we run around looking for some form of encouragement, we get all this verses that have got promises for us to claim. I don’t know what to say about this (i feel bad that this is how this website was started), but again I know this is why the word of God exists. It’s there to offer encouragement when we are discouraged, to comfort us when we are broken and much more a strong tower where we run to be safe (proverbs 18:10).
When we go through difficult moments we realize that there is a lesson to everything and normally we go on a seeking mission to establish what the lesson might be. In this website, you will find some of the lessons that we learnt and are continuing to learn from our life experiences.
Our God has promised us that even in the hard times. When life seems so difficult to handle, God’s love, comfort, hope, mercy and peace will always uphold us and show us the way. Here are some of the scriptures (all from NIV) that promises us so;
- Psalm 18:2- “The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold”
- Psalm 34:19- “The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all”
- Lamentations 3:31-33- “31 For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. 33 For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone. “
- Psalm 42:11- “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.“
- Psalm 37:24- “Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.“
- Psalm 138:7 -” Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.“
- Psalm 146:8- “the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous.“
- Psalm 32:7- “You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.“
- Psalm 37:39- ” The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD; he is their stronghold in time of trouble.“
- Psalm 22:24- “For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.“
- Psalm 71:20- “Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.“
- John 16:33- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
- Isaiah 46:4- “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” ( my favorite)
Let us praise God all the times, even when the storm is raging and we feel overwhelmed and helpless. Below is “Praise YOU in the storm” by Casting Crowns.